To see available job openings at book publishing companies, visit www.bookjobs.com
Professional and Scholarly Publishing members have provided a list of available opportunities in their field.
DC Office and Human Resource Manager
To perform office administrative tasks effectively so that the AAP DC office will have a productive work environment; and human resources activities for all offices to ensure consistent compliance with established personnel policies and procedures and with state and federal regulations.
- Help establish AAP office standards and procedures to foster a productive work environment.
- Develop annual budgets for office equipment, supplies and other major purposes in the DC office.
- Process invoices for DC office and for the International Policy and Government Relations departments.
- Process DC staff expense reports and requests for vacation/sick day leave.
- Manage interoffice mail between DC, New York and Philadelphia offices.
- Acquisition, maintenance and repair of all office machinery and equipment, including phones, copiers, Blackberries etc. in the DC office
- Serve as office liaison to building manager, computer network provider, telephone line and phone maintenance companies, security system provider, etc.
- Maintain inventories of supplies and related expendables in the DC office.
- Ensure secure up to date filing systems for contracts, leasing information, subscriptions, account numbers etc.
- Ensure the office is presentable and comfortable for guests and staff.
- Manage incoming general correspondence and telephone calls for DC office.
- Maintain and update the Employee Personnel Handbook as needed.
- Participate in the implementation and administration of personnel policies and procedures which address benefits, state and federal labor regulations, and employee relations.
- Develop and maintain staff job descriptions, assist with the posting of vacant positions and conduct orientation sessions for new employees.
- Counsel management and staff on personnel issues.
- Perform additional projects at request of President and CEO as needed.
Qualifications and Education:
College degree required. At least 5 years experience in comparable office position preferred. Applicant must demonstrate capacity for attention to detail and good communication skills. Knowledge of computers and management information systems is desirable. Applicant needs ability to work with all kinds of people and exhibit patience and perseverance. Must also be able to maintain corporate confidentiality.
Reports to President and CEO:
The The DC Office and Human Resource Manager reports directly to the President and CEO for all the duties and responsibilities described above and for other duties that may be assigned.
AAP offers competitive salary commensurate with experience and skills and a great benefits package. No relocation provided.
We are centrally located in a new, security office building in the Mount Vernon Square/Chinatown area, convenient to the Metro and bus lines. The building has an on-site garage (fee required) and an on-site gym (free).
Submit letter and resume to email@example.com.