AAP Statistical Reports
AAP's statistical reports offer the most comprehensive, consistent intelligence into the publishing industry available.
Overall Industry Reports
The AAP StatShot brand is considered by publishers, Wall Street, and the media to be the definitive resource for accurately sizing the total industry's current footprint. AAP StatShot is the industry's comprehensive statistical analysis of how content is produced and sold through the eyes of publishers. AAP offers two StatShot surveys: a monthly overview capturing year-to-date numbers and a richer annual report with historical tracking.
AAP StatShot estimates the size of the US publishing industry through a breadth of sources, including more than 1,500 publisher submissions, plus methodology to determine the total size and revenue of the market. The reports cover all four industry sectors—trade, professional and scholarly publishing, higher education, and prek-12 education.
- AAP StatShot Annual - Tracks multiple years of sales by publisher revenue and units with a focus on category and format sales.
- AAP StatShot Monthly - The most frequent, current revenue data by categories and formats for the month and year-to-date.
- COMING: AAP StatShot Annual Tableau Drilldown - A customizable online dashboard of genres, sub-categories, and more. Available by subscription. For more information and to join the waitlist, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Sector Specialized Reports
AAP also produces the only comprehensive statistical surveys for the education sectors (prek-12 and higher education), scholarly journals, and trade sector export sales.
- AAP PreK-12 Education Report - In-depth industry data including tracking of adoption and non-adoption states in grades prek-6 and 6-12.
- AAP Higher Education Report - Gross and net revenue and returns of all college pro cuts, produced by the market's largest higher education content stakeholders.
- AAP Journals Report - Sales and units of professional and scholarly journals.
- AAP Trade Exports Report - English language sales of US book content sold internationally with breakdowns for revenue, units, print and digital formats, and top territories.