Co-hosted with Louisiana Representative Wesley Bishop, members from Pearson and Wiley participated in a robust conversation on digital learning in higher education at our University Dialogue at the New Orleans BioInnovation Center on November 9. With many communities in and around New Orleans still recovering from Hurricane Katrina, it has become more important than ever to introduce technology to the students of Louisiana. Participants also discussed the increased need to pre-assess students to place them in the correct classes for maximum success and how this knowledge will help student retention.
Higher Education companies shared their expertise in developing and implementing new learning technologies and how these innovations can create “transformative change” to improve student performance and reduce cost.
- Representative Wesley Bishop, Louisiana House of Representatives
- Yvette Alexis, Assistant to the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, Delgado Community College
- David E. Anderson, Executive Director, Higher Education, Association of American Publishers
- Andy Gates, Vice President, Strategic Partnerships, Pearson Education
- Deborah Harkins, Pearson representative
- Dayna Leaman, Senior Publisher Sales Representative, John Wiley & Sons
- Dr. VerJanis Peoples, Interim Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, Southern University, Baton Rouge
- Sonia Perez, President, AT&T Louisiana
- Amanda Straub, Special Assistant for Policy, Higher Education, Association of American Publishers