Supporting the creation of innovative learning tools integral to educating our next generation of citizens, while promoting a fair, competitive, and thriving marketplace for PreK-12 publishing of all types on all platforms.
Who We Are
As a division of the Association of American Publishers (AAP), the PreK-12 Learning Group serves the learning resource industry by advocating for and increasing the accessibility of professional, quality content for education.
Our members, ranging from international multimillion-dollar organizations to start-up companies developing a single product, produce materials in all media for all subjects and all learning environments. Together, they provide a rich array of innovative learning resources that together touch virtually every school, teacher and family across the nation and around the world.
Learn more about the PreK-12 Learning Group.
What We Do
We serve our diverse membership by providing valuable resources and industry intelligence; fostering a fair, competitive, and robust market; and encouraging the development of professional, quality educational materials for teaching and learning.
- Advocacy – We provide members with several ways to learn more about and advocate on important policy issues, including newsletters, webinars, and committees.
- Programs – We offer professional development opportunities that keep learning resource developers up-to-date on the information impacting their business and their customers.
- Awards – We honor individual achievement and recognize effective and engaging educational resources through our Lamplighter Honors and REVERE Awards.
- Information – We publish newsletters, a blog, whitepapers, and more on timely topics affecting the education resource community.
- Center for Innovation and Digital Learning - A new initiative from AAP, the CIDL aims to promote a steady influx of forward-thinking ideas into the learning resource market and to support the development of next-generation educational technology
Coming up with the PreK-12 Learning Group
Content in Context (CIC) conference (May 24-26, 2017) - Join us at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel for the premier professional development and networking event for the learning resource industry. Hotel discount deadline: May 3.
AAP Celebrates the Golden Lamp Awards and Lamplighter Honors (May 25, 2017) - Find out which products will be named the best learning resources of 2017 and honor three extraordinary leaders who have made a positive impact on our industry and the education community.
Click here for more information on upcoming events.
The Learning Group is the only organization serving the entire PreK-12 market, no matter the media or the learning environment. We offer:
- Industry Advocacy
- Industry and Market Intelligence
- Networking Opportunities
- Professional Development
Learn more about our membership benefits.