Supporting the creation of innovative learning tools integral to educating our next generation of citizens, while promoting a fair, competitive, and thriving marketplace for PreK-12 publishing of all types on all platforms.
Who We Are
As a division of the Association of American Publishers (AAP), the PreK-12 Learning Group serves the learning resource industry by advocating for and increasing the accessibility of professional, quality content for education.
Our members, ranging from international multimillion-dollar organizations to start-up companies developing a single product, produce materials in all media for all subjects and all learning environments. Together, they provide a rich array of innovative learning resources that together touch virtually every school, teacher and family across the nation and around the world.
Learn more about the PreK-12 Learning Group.
What We Do
We serve our diverse membership by providing valuable resources and industry intelligence; fostering a fair, competitive, and robust market; and encouraging the development of professional, quality educational materials for teaching and learning.
- Advocacy – We provide members with several ways to learn more about and advocate on important policy issues, including newsletters, webinars, and committees.
- Programs – We offer professional development opportunities that keep learning resource developers up-to-date on the information impacting their business and their customers. Coming up - Members Only Summer Webinar Series: Inside the States - How Education Fared in the 2017 Legislative Season (June 29) | Games on the Brain - How and Why to Add Them to Your Product Portfolio (July 10)
- Awards – We honor individual achievement and recognize effective and engaging educational resources through our Lamplighter Honors, Golden Lamps, and REVERE Awards.
- Information – We publish newsletters, a blog, whitepapers, and more on timely topics affecting the education resource community.
- Center for Innovation and Digital Learning - A new initiative from AAP, the CIDL aims to promote a steady influx of forward-thinking ideas into the learning resource market and to support the development of next-generation educational technology
Congratulations to the 2017 Golden Lamp Winners
See the 2017 Golden Lamp winners and find out who made the most effective and engaging learning resources from the past year.
The Learning Group is the only organization serving the entire PreK-12 market, no matter the media or the learning environment. We offer:
- Industry Advocacy
- Industry and Market Intelligence
- Networking Opportunities
- Professional Development
Learn more about our membership benefits.