- In this article, Kent Anderson, CEO of RedLink and founder of Caldera Publishing Solutions, updates his list of the essential services scholarly publishers perform: 96 Things Publishers Do (2016 Edition). It provides insights to the many functions provided in the scholarly journal publishing process.
- AAP Statement on Sci-Hub. Given the site’s reemergence, it is important to remind the community that Sci-Hub is a pirate organization involved in the mass theft of copyrighted material. It should not be equated with any legitimate open access publishing practices.
- STM Consultation on Article Sharing. The PSP Executive Council endorses the June 8, 2015 statement, prepared by STM, setting forth a core set of voluntary principles that clarify how, where and what content should be shared using scholarly collaboration networks and sites.
- CrossRef’s FundRef launches: Publishers and funders track scholarly output
- How Copyright Drives Innovation in Scholarly Publishing
- P-D-R, STM, ALPSP agree on Text and Data-Mining Clause Press Release
- Peer Review: The Nuts and Bolts guide for early career researchers
- The State of AAA's Publishing Program - The Portfolio, Open Access and Sustainability
- PEER End of Conference Presentations Executive Partners Summary
- STM Welcomes Support for Gold Open access from PEER Conference - Press Release
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce, in a letter to the House Committee on Oversight and Reform, expresses concerns that FRPAA legislation (H.R. 4004) would diminish the high quality of published scientific and other scholarly research in the United States as well as endanger American jobs.
- CrossRef Announces FundRef Pilot to Standardize Funding Source Information for Scholarly Publications
- AAP submitted comments in response to the request for information from the U.S. Copyright Office about how the current legal system hinders or prevents copyright owners from pursuing copyright infringement claims that have a relatively small economic value ("small copyright claims").
- PEER Economics Research: Final Report now available. This study considers the effect of large-scale deposit on scholarly researc publication and dissemination (sharing of research outputs), beginning with the analysis of publishers and institutions managing repositories and their sustainability.
- OA Rhetoric, Economics, and the Definition of “Research” - In The Scholarly Kitchen, librarian Rick Anderson expresses his concerns about the popular phrase “access to publicly-funded research,” which overlooks the large and expensive gap that lies between the completion of a scientific and the creation of a publishable product based on that research.
- STM Press Release - Guiding Principles for Document Delivery
- STM Press Release in Response to the Hargreaves Report: Review on Intellectual Property: Digital Opportunity
- patientINFORM Slideshow: To view the presentation, scroll down the “About patientINFORM” page to the section entitled Why patientINFORM? Display on ‘Slide Show’ to view the presentation most effectively
- STM Launches Two Videos on Publishers' Role in Scholarly Communication Networking Knowledge Videos