2015 RPAC Annual Conference
Monday, June 15, 2015
8 AM - 4 PM
8 AM - 4 PM
Sessions topics will include:
- Legislation and litigation update with Allan Adler, AAP
- Copyright basics with Eric Slater, ACS
- Panel discussion with trade and educational publishers with Jeffery Corrick, Penguin Random House; Craig Mertens, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt; Jenn Kennett, Highlights Family of Companies; and Julie Geagan-Chevez, Cengage. The panel will discuss permission acquisition and the disconnects between the rights that trade publishers can grant and the rights that educational publishers need.
- Update on the copyright review process and the U.S. Copyright Office’s modernization plans with Sandra Aistars, Copyright Alliance
- Addressing privacy issues with Min Lee, Penguin Random House, and Katherine Varker, McGraw-Hill Education. With the increasing availability of data on how books are used and consumed, privacy issues are just beginning to be identified never mind explored. This session will address the cutting edge questions about the privacy of the user data publishers collect.
Please join RPAC for this day-long event featuring current topics of interest to rights and permissions professionals. Registration fee includes continental breakfast, buffet lunch, and conference materials.Continue