Free Brown Bag Luncheon & Networking: Enhanced Content
12 PM - 2 PM
If you have between 0-3 years experience in any department of a professional and scholarly publishing organization this event is for you.
Free Brown Bag Luncheon & Networking:
(We supply lunch for in-person attendees)
Tuesday, May 10th, 2016
71 Fifth Avenue, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10003
Or via webinar from 12:15-1:15pm (ET)
Is this for me?
If you have between 0-3 years experience in any department of a professional and scholarly publishing organization this event is for you. Or if you just want to learn more about enhanced content in PSP publishing.
If you attend the talk in person there will be ample time to network with staff from other publishing organizations.
Why should I attend?
- Meet and Network with your Peers
- Listen & Learn about Enhanced Content
- Put what you learn into practice in your workplace
If you would like the opportunity to network with other staff in the professional and scholarly publishing arena, meet your peers and find out what they’re doing and learn about enahnced content then this free (for AAP members) luncheon talk is for you!
How will the luncheon be structured?
The luncheon will begin with the chance to meet and network with others in the PSP field (in person only attendees).
You will then have the opportunity to listen to two senior professionals in the industry who will discuss the following:
- Publishers and figshare – how publishers work with figshare, a repository where users can make
- all of their research outputs available in a citable, shareable and discoverable manner, and other platforms to enhance content.
- Publishers and Dryad – why publishers join the Dryad Digital Repository, a curated resource that makes the data underlying scientific publications discoverable, freely reusable, and citable. Dryad provides a general-purpose home for a wide diversity of datatypes.
- Publishers and Lens – how publishers are using Lens, an open-source tool introduced by eLife to make reading articles online easier. This is being piloted in journals from six publishers on the HighWire platform.
The luncheon will end with another opportunity to network with your colleagues and speak to the presenters (in person only attendees).
Jeff Lang, Assistant Director, Platform Development, American Chemical Society
Chris Reid, Senior Editor, Oxford University Press
If you have a question or an issue involving enhanced content you would like to (anonymously) ask the speakers to address, feel free to email me and I can pass it along to them (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This is a free event for AAP Members (visit http://publishers.org/about/member-list to see if your company is a member). There is a $15 per person charge if you are not from an AAP member company.
Space is limited so sign up today. A light lunch will be served for those attending in person.
AAP Member - Free
Non Member - $15.00