Free Brown Bag Luncheon & Networking: Promoting Author Content
12 PM - 2 PM
If you have between 0-3 years experience in any department of a professional and scholarly publishing organization this event is for you.
Free Brown Bag Luncheon & Networking:
Promoting Author Content
(We supply lunch for in-person attendees)
Wednesday, April 13th, 2016
71 Fifth Avenue, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10003
Or via webinar from 12:15-1:15pm (ET)
Is this for me?
If you have between 0-3 years experience in any department of a professional and scholarly publishing organization this event is for you. Or if you just want to learn more about promoting author content in PSP publishing.
If you attend the talk in person there will be ample time to network with staff from other publishing organizations.
Why should I attend?
- Meet and Network with your Peers
- Listen & Learn about Promoting Author Content
- Put what you learn into practice in your workplace
If you would like the opportunity to network with other staff in the professional and scholarly publishing arena, meet your peers and find out what they’re doing and learn about promoting author content then this free (for AAP members) luncheon talk is for you!
How will the luncheon be structured?
The luncheon will begin with the chance to meet and network with others in the PSP field (in person only attendees).
You will then have the opportunity to listen to senior professionals in the industry who will discuss the following:
- Kudos - a web-based service that helps researchers maximize the visibility and impact of their published articles. Kudos is for researchers who want assistance with increasing usage of and citations to their publications and for publishers wanting to develop closer relationships with their author communities and increase publication performance.
- You will also hear from a publisher giving their perspective on helping their authors and researchers to promote their content using tools such as Kudos, Altmetric, Trend MD, etc..
- Lastly, you will also listen to another publisher who will discuss their tool kit for authors and editors that helps them post to social media, sharing articles, etc.
The luncheon will end with another opportunity to network with your colleagues and speak to the presenters (in person only attendees).
Eric Gumpert, Director, Editorial Production, American Thoracic Society
Ellen Nichols, Marketing Director, Health Science Journals, Elsevier
Rebecca Shumbata, Sales Manager, Kudos
If you have a question or an issue involving author content you would like to (anonymously) ask the speakers to address, feel free to email me and I can pass it along to them (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This is a free event for AAP Members (visit http://publishers.org/about/member-list to see if your company is a member). There is a $15 per person charge if you are not from an AAP member company.
Space is limited so sign up today. A light lunch will be served for those attending in person.
AAP Member - Free
Non Member - $15.00