Learn, Connect, Grow: Free PSP Session on Networking Through Social Platforms
4 PM - 5:30 PM
If you have between 0-3 years’ experience in any department of a professional and scholarly publishing organization this event is for you.
Thursday, October 20th
71 Fifth Avenue, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10003
Or via webinar
Is this for me?
If you have between 0-3 years’ experience in any department of a professional and scholarly publishing organization this event is for you. Or if you just want to learn more about networking through social platforms to further your career in PSP publishing. If you attend the talk in person there will be ample time to network with staff from other publishing organizations.
Why should I attend?
- Meet and Network with your Peers
- Listen & Learn about Networking Through Social Platforms
- Put what you learn into practice in your workplace
If you would like the opportunity to network with other staff in the professional and scholarly publishing arena, meet your peers and find out what they’re doing and learn about networking through social platforms then this free (for AAP members) afternoon talk is for you!
How will the session be structured?
You will have the opportunity to listen to a senior professional discuss the following:
- The evolution of social media
- How to network professionally?
- How to use email for networking purposes? What is the procedure, politics, etiquette for using email and social media channels such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook. How do you approach a senior level person?
- Why is it important to have robust professional identity on LinkedIn and how to optimize it?
- How to build and nurture a professional network? How to respond to requests to connect on social media channels – who do you respond to and how? Who do you ignore/block? How do you network/communicate with colleagues?
- Implement a content strategy that keeps you front of mind with your network. Why, what, when and how do I share content on social media?
The afternoon will end with an opportunity to network with your colleagues and speak to the presenter (in person only attendees).
Dan Swift, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Empire Social Media
If you have a question or an issue involving networking through social platforms you would like to (anonymously) ask the speaker to address, feel free to email me and I can pass it along to them (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This is a free event for AAP Members (visit http://publishers.org/about/member-list to see if your company is a member). There is a $15 per person charge if you are not from an AAP member company.
Space is limited so sign up today.
AAP Member - Free
Non Member - $15.00
Click on the 'Continue' button below to register.
(If you have not used our online payment system before, to register online please use your work email and your default password is Password1. If you have a problem logging in please contact email@example.com)