On April 20 educators and industry experts came to Phildelphia for the final round of REVERE Awards judging. Entrants to the REVERE Awards, which identify and honor high quality resources that educate learners of all ages in all media, undergo a rigorous judging process where multiple judges review each entry against a detailed rubric tailored directly to the competition entered. Only products with the highest scores and recommendations continue in the competition and only category winners are eligible to compete for the Golden Lamp in their product area.
At Golden Lamp judging, judges identify the top resources—by consensus—in each of the five product areas. They do so through a mix of individual and small group review as well as large group discussion. As a result, the winners of the Golden Lamp truly represent the most effective and engaging educational resources. Take a look at scenes from judging below and click here for a complete list of the 2016 finalists. Winners will be presented at the REVERE Awards Gala, held June 8 during the PreK-12 Learning Group's Content in Context conference.
1. Judges receive instructions on the evaluation process.
2. Golden Lamp judges review comments from previous rounds and select finalists.
3. Judges break into small groups to evaluate finalists.
4. Each judging team rotates and examines finalists in each category.
5. Judges discuss the merits of each finalist and choose the winners.