PreK-12: Mapping the OER Landscape (Leadership Series webinar)
2 PM - 3 PM
October 13, 2016
2:00 - 3:00 pm eastern
The OER sector is growing at an exponential rate – and the new generation of developers looks increasingly like the traditional publishers they seek to disrupt. Who are these companies, and what role do they play in the PreK-12 learning resource industry?
Join a conversation on the current OER landscape between Dr. Joseph South, Director of the Office of Educational Technology for the U.S. Department of Education; Dr. Alexis McGloin, Superintendent of the Upper Perkiomen School District (PA), which is a GoOpen Ambassador District; and Randy Wilhelm, a K-12 industry expert in OER and CEO co-founder of Knovation. They’ll discuss
- the rise of companies developing comprehensive, openly licensed PreK-12 curriculum;
- the breadth of funding for content development;
- why OER has become an important component in education reform;
- how purchasing decisions are made; and
- the pros and cons of OER.
For more information on this webinar, click on the continue link below to learn more about the speakers and register now.Continue