The Association of American Publishers represents the leading consumer, educational, professional, and scholarly publishers in the United States. As the voice of American publishing, we champion industry priorities nationally and internationally on matters of law and policy and advocate for outcomes that incentivize the publication of creative expression, professional content, and learning solutions.
Membership in AAP is open to U.S. publishers with sustained revenue within the domestic publishing industry. Successful applicants will meet all the following criteria:
- The company or organization should engage in consumer, education (Prek-12 or Higher Education), and/or professional and scholarly publishing.
- The company or organization must have an office in the United States of America.
- The company must prove sustained revenue within the U.S. publishing industry.
Members of AAP receive a wide range of benefits, including:
- Industry Representation: Through its advocacy efforts, AAP represents the industry before legal and legislative policymakers on issues critical to the well-being of the publishing industry such as copyright protection, promoting fair and open markets, protecting freedom of expression and embracing innovation in publishing.
- Influence: We offer members ongoing opportunities to present their perspectives through committee work, special events, and professional forums.
- Industry Intelligence: Members have access to comprehensive, up-to-date information on relevant matters, including industry statistics, important industry news, association newsletters, white papers, issue summaries, and legislative updates.
- Networking: AAP also hosts conferences and committees and invites member collaboration on key initiatives. Members are also able to post and explore job listings on BookJobs.com, our online job center.
Ready to Join?
Simply complete the information below, and we’ll contact you about becoming an AAP member: